About the AcademyCucumber is an advance Test Driven Framework(TDD) Â that supports Behaviour Driven Development (BDD). It allow us to define issues using a simple English grammar and then generates an equivalent code (method/function), which will be used as a frame/skeleton by developers to write their code.. During and after completing this course you will be able to
- Understand what TDD and BDD mean?
- Understand architecture of cucumber and learn how cucumber implements BDD.
- Install and configure cucumber with maven, Â eclipse, java and Junit.
- Define scenarios in step definition file and use special words.
- Generate the skeleton code from step definition and put to features file.
- Write appropriate test code in features file.
- Use different parameterizations for data driven test.
- Define step definition/glue and features file under junit testRunner.
Audience and Requirements
- QA, BA and anyone who is interested to know CDD/BDD and use cucumber for automation.
- Needs prior knowledge about testing fundamentals, selenium in java. Look "Fundamentals of Software Testing"Â and "Selenium Automation Testing"Â from our portal.
- Mentorship will be available through training and after training
- You will be working on different projects with cucumber functional automation.
- You will practice interview questions from day one.
Module 1: Introduction
- 1.1 What is TDD(Test Driven Development)
- 1.2 Importance of TDD
- 1.3 What is BDD(Behavioural Driven Development)
- 1.4 BDD vs TDD
- 1.5 Cucumber for BDD
Module 2: Cucumber installation and configuration
Module 3: Architecture
- 3.1 Features file
- 3.2 Step Definition
- 3.3 TestRunner
Module 4: Complete step to create first cucumber test
- 4.1 Define features in features file
- 4.2 Generate Step Definition
- 4.3 Create a class and copy paste step definitions
- 4.4 Write each step definition code
- 4.5 Create a Junit TestRunner class
- 4.6 Configure junit to run with cucumber
- 4.7 Include step features file
- 4.8 Include step definition
- 4.9 Run it
- 4.10 See the report
Module 5: Components of Features file
- 5.1 Feature
- 5.2 Background
- 5.3 Scenario and Scenario Outline
Module 6: Cucumber parameterization
- 6.1 Inline parameters
- 6.2 Without "Examples" keyword
- 6.3 With "Examples" keyword
- 6.4 Through data tables
- 6.5 From excel file
- 6.6 From XML file
- 6.7 From JSON file
Module 7: Step definition
- 7.1 Generating step definition
- 7.2 Methods with parameters
- 7.3 Regular expression
Module 8: Mapping data table to class objects
Module 9: Test runner from Junit
- 9.1 Junit run as cucumber
- 9.2 Cucumber options
Module 10: Cucumber with TestNG
Request a detailed syllabus.
Get Answers (Answering their questions)
What kind of learning does ITlearn360.com provide?
ITlearn360.com offers instructor-led online live sessions and classroom-based corporate trainings and bootcamps for various courses and certifications to the learners.
Who are the instructors @ITlearn360.com?
@ITlearn360.com, we have an instructor community of industry professionals who are working in leading organizations and are veterans in their respective fields. These experts belong to various industries and are willing to share their talent with learners like you.
Are classes @ITlearn360.com conducted through online video streaming?
Yes, the classes @ITlearn360.com are conducted through online video streaming where there is two-way communication between users and instructors. The users can speak by using a microphone, chat by sending a message through a chat window and share their screens with an instructor. For better understanding, users also get recorded video of the class.