About the courseOutline SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based reporting platform that allows us to create and manage a wide variety of different types of report, and deliver them in a range of formats. After completing this course you can:
- Building SSRS Reports – covers the basics of SSRS, demonstrates how to build quick, simple reports, and will familiarize you with the basic Report Designer environment
- Customizing SSRS Reports – covers the use of custom and aggregate functions, sub-reporting, the matrix control, drill-downs, and sorting.
- SSRS Visual Controls - will take an in-depth look at the SSRS visual controls, notably the chart control.
- Deploying SSRS Reports - walks you through deploying reports and the Report Builder tool.
What are the requirements?
- A PC
- All required software is freely available with links on where to obtain it
What am I going to get from this course?
- Discover what SSRS is and how it delivers reports
- Understand how to make those reports more useful to report users
- Create reports using the Business Intelligence Development Studio
What is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn about creating, configuring, and managing reports for their business needs and those responsible for creating reports for upper management that make important business decisions.
Module 1: Creating a Project
- 1.1 Open Visual Studio
- 1.2 Choose a template
- 1.3 Navigate the screen
Module 2: Creating basic Reports
- 2.1 Adding reports to a project
- 2.2 Adding items to a project
- 2.3 Moving the positioning item
- 2.4 Formatting report item
Module 3: Using Data Sources and Data Sets
- 3.1 Linking Report Projects to Databases
- 3.2 Create a shared data source
- 3.3 Create a shared datasets
- 3.4 Create reports using the shared datasets
- 3.5 Creating and using embedded datasets
Module 4: Using tables
- 4.1 Add tables to reports
- 4.2 Select fields from the table
- 4.3 Formatting tables
- 4.4 Inserting and merging tables
- 4.5 Sorting and interactive sorting
- 4.6 Filtering tables
- 4.7 Reporting column headings
Module 5: Repeating column headings on each page
- 5.1 Control header rows in tables
- 5.2 Locate where header rows appear
- 5.3 Make header row to appear on each page
- 5.4 Keep header row visible on scrolling
Module 6: Limiting number of columns in a page
- 6.1 Changing page size
- 6.2 Creating group using an expression
- 6.3 Using parameters
Module 7: Grouping in tables
- 7.1 Create parent group
- 7.2 Add subtotals
- 7.3 Sorting within groups
- 7.4 Creating collapsible section
- 7.5 Creating nested groups
Module 8: Creating calculated Columns
- 8.1 The expression builder
- 8.2 Common arithmetics
- 8.3 Conditional functions
- 8.4 Calculations with text and date
Module 9: Conditional formatting
- 9.1 Using expression for conditions
- 9.2 Using IF to change color
- 9.3 Create color bands using SWITCH
- 9.4 Create Alternative row colors
- 9.5 Formatting text using expressions
Module 10: Using Graphical Indicators
- 10.1 Adding indicators to a table
- 10.2 Adding an indicator to a field
- 10.3 Controlling number ranges
- 10.4 Using multiple indicators
Module 11: Using Guages for reporting
- 11.1 Adding guages to tables
- 11.2 Creating scales
- 11.3 ranges and pointer
- 11.4 Linking pointers to a field
Module 12: Using parameters
- 12.1 Creating parameters to fields
- 12.2 Using parameters to filter tables
- 12.3 Optional parameters
- 12.4 Creating default values Text parameter and wildcards
- 12.5 Setting the order of parameters
- 12.6 Conditional formating with parameters
Module 13: Drop Down list parameters
- 13.1 Type a list of values
- 13.2 Filtering with drop down list
- 13.3 Formatting with drop down list
Module 14: Dealing with nulls in parameters
- 14.1 Recap of basic parameters
- 14.2 Allowing null value for parameters
- 14.3 Creating filter to handle nulls
Module 15: Using matrix items in reports
- 15.1 Choosing fields in a matrix
- 15.2 Adding row and column total
- 15.3 Grouping by multiple fields
- 15.4 Adding aggregates
Module 16: Using lists in report
- 16.1 Add list to reports
- 16.2 Adding fields to a list
- 16.3 Arranging items using rectangles
- 16.4 Creating a grouped list
- 16.5 Adding charts and tables to a list
Module 17: Using charts in reports
- 17.1 Adding charts in a report
- 17.2 Adding files to charts
- 17.3 Editing and formatting charts
- 17.4 Conditional formatting of charts
- 17.5 Working with multiple data series
Request a detailed syllabus.
Get Answers (Answering their questions)
What kind of learning does ITlearn360.com provide?
ITlearn360.com offers instructor-led online live sessions and classroom-based corporate trainings and bootcamps for various courses and certifications to the learners.
Who are the instructors @ITlearn360.com?
@ITlearn360.com, we have an instructor community of industry professionals who are working in leading organizations and are veterans in their respective fields. These experts belong to various industries and are willing to share their talent with learners like you.
Are classes @ITlearn360.com conducted through online video streaming?
Yes, the classes @ITlearn360.com are conducted through online video streaming where there is two-way communication between users and instructors. The users can speak by using a microphone, chat by sending a message through a chat window and share their screens with an instructor. For better understanding, users also get recorded video of the class.