About the courseThis course designed for BA (those performing business analysis tasks). This course is also suitable for anyone (stakeholders, managers, ...) who is ready to improve their agility in business analysis. After completing this course you will have the capability to decide whether your new project fits for agile-scrum methodology or not; will have the full experience of planning agile-scrum for your project and trigger. What is Scrum? Agile Scrum is a simple method for managing and completing even the most complex project. Based on my experience, it has also been the number one reason why projects have delivered on time! Who should take is the course? Whether you are a scrum master, product owner, team member, business stakeholder or simply someone who wants to understand what makes scrum tick, this is the place to start. If you are preparing for a scrum master certification or other scrum certification, this class is for you. Explain Scrum roles and responsibilities, focusing on the role of the business analyst.
- Define Agile requirements, user stories, and build product backlog.
- Defining relative value and use MoSCoW techniques to prioritize user stories.
- Release planning:
- Understand the role of business analyst in release planning.
- Steps in release planning.
- Create a release plan.
- Prepare product backlog:
- Understand requirements in detail necessary to build the product increment.
- Use just enough requirements modeling to prepare product backlog.
- Understand the importance of Scrum ceremonies and artifacts.
- Describe the importance of and steps in a Scrum retrospective.
- Participate in a class retrospective.
What are the requirements?
- There are no pre-requisites for this course. I explain everything from the ground up
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn what scrum is and why it is so powerful for delivering even the most complex project on time.
- Feel confident in sitting the Scrum Open Assessment prior to sitting Scrum Certification
- Explain what the Scrum practices are
- Understand techniques to deliver your project on time
- Explain the difference between Agile and Scrum
- Explain what the Waterfall Model is and Why it is less flexible than Agile
- Understand what Agile is & How it differs from Scrum
- Explain the difference between roles, events, and artifacts
What is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants a complete overview of Scrum and certainty that they are getting the facts
- A candidate preparing for a Scrum certification
- A candidate who wants answers to frequently misunderstand points within Scrum
- An expert candidate who wants a concise, quick refresher in scrum
Module 1: Agile and Scrum Principles
- 1.1 Agile principles
- 1.2 Scrum framework and terminology
- 1.3 When to use an agile approach
Module 2: Initiating a Scrum Project
- 2.1 Sprint Zero activities
- 2.2 Scrum team roles and responsibilities
- 2.3 BA activities on a Scrum project
- 2.4 Workshop: Envisioning a project
- 2.5 User roles and personas
- 2.6 Workshop: Defining user roles
- 2.7 Creating the Product Backlog
- 2.8 Components of a user story
- 2.9 Guidelines for good user stories
- 2.10 Workshop: Write user stories
Module 3: Ordering the Product Backlog
- 3.1 Ordering vs. prioritizing
- 3.2 Themes and Minimally Marketable Features
- 3.3 The MoSCoW rules and other classification methods
- 3.4 Workshop: Ordering user stories using the MoSCoW rules
- 3.5 Value mapping techniques
Module 4: Refining the Product Backlog
- 4.1 Sprint planning process
- 4.2 Getting stories ready for sprint planning
- 4.3 Defining "ready" and "done"
- 4.4 Defining acceptance criteria
- 4.5 Workshop: Define acceptance criteria for user stories
Module 5: Running a Sprint
- 5.1 Events during a sprint
- 5.2 The Sprint Demo review
- 5.3 Incorporating feedback/handling changes to the product backlog Workshop: Present results from class activities
- 5.4 Importance of agile retrospectives
- 5.5 Workshop: class retrospective
Request a detailed syllabus.
Get Answers (Answering their questions)
What kind of learning does ITlearn360.com provide?
ITlearn360.com offers instructor-led online live sessions and classroom-based corporate trainings and bootcamps for various courses and certifications to the learners.
Who are the instructors @ITlearn360.com?
@ITlearn360.com, we have an instructor community of industry professionals who are working in leading organizations and are veterans in their respective fields. These experts belong to various industries and are willing to share their talent with learners like you.
Are classes @ITlearn360.com conducted through online video streaming?
Yes, the classes @ITlearn360.com are conducted through online video streaming where there is two-way communication between users and instructors. The users can speak by using a microphone, chat by sending a message through a chat window and share their screens with an instructor. For better understanding, users also get recorded video of the class.