About the courseThe intention of designed this course to get practical knowledge of testing applications using Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2017 or Visual Studio Team Services for Testers. This course primarily focuses on how to use of standalone web-based Test Hub product, which includes some topics like Microsoft Test Manager 2017, which is also a standalone product. The course teaches you following:
- How to design test case
- How to design test suites
- How to design test plans.
- Test configurations and how can you use shared parameters and steps to reduce overhead?
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to
- Know about the visual studio ALM product suite and its testing capabilities.
- Create test plans.
- Create test suites and Manage test configurations.
- Allocate non-default organization to test cases.
- Build great-quality, maintainable test cases.
- Perform tests with the help of web-based test runner and also in Microsoft test runner.
- Fast forward your Test case for further up the testing process.
- Build actionable. Create high-quality bug reports.
- Check fixed bugs and also manage whole bug life cycle.
- Carry exploratory testing practicing the Test & Feedback distance.
- Use Microsoft Test Manager for Conveying exploratory testing.
- Maintain test plans over various repetitions and statements.
- Create your own dashboard to confer test state and progress.
- Report on test results and testing progress.
- Gain an overview of how to create automated coded UI tests.
This course is equally suitable for teams they use either Visual Studio Team Services or an on-premises Team Foundation Server.
Product and Version Compatibility
This course is designed for team members who perform the role of tester within a team. The course would also be beneficial for developers looking to increase their knowledge of testing.
Attendees should be familiar with testing theory and practices.
Module 1: A Lap Around the Testing Tools in Visual Studio 2017
- 1.1 A look at the Visual Studio product family
- 1.2 Introducing Microsoft Test Manager 2017
- 1.3 The role of Team Foundation Server 2017 or Visual Studio Team Services
Module 2: Planning Our Testing Effort
- 2.1 Reviewing requirements on the backlog
- 2.2 What is a test plan?
- 2.3 Defining our test plan strategy
- 2.4 Test types in Visual Studio
Module 3: Creating Our First Test Plan
- 3.1 Creating a new test plan
- 3.2 Organizing test cases using test suites
- 3.3 Mapping requirements to tests
- 3.4 Test configurations
Module 4: Authoring a Manual Test Case
- 4.1 Creating a new manual test case
- 4.2 Using Grid view to author and edit test cases
- 4.3 Appropriate use of Expected Results
- 4.4 Tagging test cases for better organization
Module 5: Executing Test Cases
- 5.1 Defining which tests to include in a test run
- 5.2 Assigning a tester to run tests
- 5.3 Executing tests using the web-based Test Runner
- 5.4 Executing tests using the Microsoft Test Runner
Module 6: Data-Binding Test Cases
- 6.1 Adding parameters to our test cases
- 6.2 Using share parameters across multiple test cases
- 6.3 Maintaining shared parameters
Module 7: Refactoring Test Cases
- 7.1 Creating shared steps
- 7.2 Reusing shared steps
- 7.3 Shared steps in the Test Runner
- 7.4 Best practices for shared steps
Module 8: Raising and Verifying Bugs
- 8.1 Raising a bug
- 8.2 The bug lifecycle
- 8.3 View bug states
- 8.4 Verifying a bug fix
Module 9: Exploratory Testing
- 9.1 What is exploratory testing?
- 9.2 Installing the Test & Feedback extension
- 9.3 Creating bugs and test cases from exploratory tests
- 9.4 Eliciting and managing feedback
Module 10: Focus on Microsoft Test Manager
- 10.1 Data collectors in MTM and balancing storage
- 10.2 Test Case Fast Forward
- 10.3 Action recordings
- 10.4 Raising bugs using the Microsoft Test Runner
- 10.5 Determining what’s changing between builds
- 10.6 Examining impacted tests
- 10.7 Exploratory testing using MTM
Request a detailed syllabus.
Get Answers (Answering their questions)
What kind of learning does ITlearn360.com provide?
ITlearn360.com offers instructor-led online live sessions and classroom-based corporate trainings and bootcamps for various courses and certifications to the learners.
Who are the instructors @ITlearn360.com?
@ITlearn360.com, we have an instructor community of industry professionals who are working in leading organizations and are veterans in their respective fields. These experts belong to various industries and are willing to share their talent with learners like you.
Are classes @ITlearn360.com conducted through online video streaming?
Yes, the classes @ITlearn360.com are conducted through online video streaming where there is two-way communication between users and instructors. The users can speak by using a microphone, chat by sending a message through a chat window and share their screens with an instructor. For better understanding, users also get recorded video of the class.