Chef is an IT automation tool. which is used mainly for configuration management. It is written in Ruby and supports Domain-Specific language (DSL) for writing Configuration scripts.
Pricing detailsPricing model for this product is Open source
CI & CD
1. Accelerating Software Delivery
2. Increasing Service Resiliency
3. Improving Risk Management
4. Accelerating Cloud Adoption
5. Managing Both Data Center and Cloud Environments
6. Delivering All Your Infrastructure
1) Chef is written in ruby which makes customization difficult some times.
2) Requires Agent Installation on the hosts to perform automation on them.
3) Doesn’t support push functionality
- Backup and recover
- Real-time data
- Scalable automation
- Software and infrastructure changes
- Build security and compliance checks
- High availability solution on-premise or in the cloud
- Application Deployment
- Configuring Servers